Welcome back! I hope you had a very enjoyable holiday season and a great start into the new year.
I did take a break myself and certainly got some rest from the very busy past year. However, now I am ready to get back to work and share all my knowledge and strength with buyers and sellers trying to purchase Park City & Deer Valley Real Estate this year. I am looking forward to finding and negotiating the best deals and get you the most for your money.
I have just recently read an article on Investopedia (12/24/2010) about Michele Lerner, author of Homebuying: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time. She offers reasons why real estate is likely to improve in 2011.
Here are five reasons she thinks consumers should consider a home purchase in 2011:
- Mortgage rates will stay low. Even with rates climbing — maybe to as high as 6 percent by 2012 — they are still well below where they have been historically.
- Tax cuts could help. Extending the tax cuts could encourage a more rapid recovery for the economy.
- Americans want to be home owners. A recent Fannie Mae survey showed that Americans still believe a home is a safe and desirable investment.
- Builders are about to begin building. Home builders have been sitting on the sidelines. This year, they think pent-up demand will create an appetite for new homes.
- Homes are shrinking. Homes are getting smaller, which has made them more affordable.